Saturday, June 27, 2009

Second Batch of Strawberries

I have started getting my second batch of Strawberries from the Albion Strawberry plants in my Strawberry Tower.

I got my first batch of Strawberries about 2 months ago, but then the Albion Strawbererry plants stopped producing any flowers.

I finally figured out that I was not fertilzing the Strawberry plants (see this blog entry).

As you can see from the picture to the right, the Albion Strawberry plants are now producing lots of flowers and there are a lot of Strawberries developing.

One thing I have noticed is that the Strawberries are much bigger than the Strawberries I picked in the first patch. I think this is because the Strawberry plants are more mature then there were a few months ago.









1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thanks for your posts as those are very informative and educational. I would like to try a system like you but i would like to know the temperature range in which albion flowers and bears fruits well and if albion can handle mist and afternoon rain. in my area, there are mist in the evening and rain most of the day. Thanks and waiting for your reply.

    ReplyDelete