Saturday, June 20, 2009

Harvesting Cherry Tomatoes

For the past several weeks, I have been able to pick Cherry Tomatoes on a daily basis.

It started with barely filling half of a 8 oz container (see this blog entry) 4 weeks ago, and has steadly progressed. Last week, I was filling an entire 32 oz container every day.

Today, it reached a point where I had to move to a 64 oz container (see picture above).

Two-thirds of the Cherry Tomatoes came from the Sun Gold Cherry Tomato plant shown below.

I have one more Sun Gold, 2 Sun Sugars, 2 Sweet Baby Girls, 1 Sugar Snack and 1 SuperSweet 100 Cherry Tomato plants that have plenty of Cherry Tomatoes, but not many that are riped.

I expect to be able to continue to fill a 64 oz container every day for the next several days. Once the other Cherry Tomato plants come on-line, I'll move to a bigger container.

No comments:

Post a Comment