Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cherry Tomato Update

The picture above shows the 7 Cherry Tomato Plants in my two large Raised Beds.  The 5 Cherry Tomato plants on the left are in one Raised Bed and the 2 plants on the right are in another Raised Bed.
 
One interesting observation is how much taller the Sun Sugar and Sun Gold Cherry Tomato plants are than the other plants.  The Sun Sugar and Sun Sugar Chery Tomato plants that were put in the ground on 2/21/09 are almost twice the size of the Sun Cherry and Sugar Snack Cherry Tomato plants that were put in the ground at the same time.

Also, you can see the difference between the plants that were planted on 2/21/09 and the ones that were planted 3 weeks later on 3/14/09.  The 2/21/09 Cherry Tomato plants are much more fuller and taller.

The picture below shows a close up of the Sun Gold planted on 2/19/09.  See the amount of flower blossums on the plant.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi my Cherry Tomatoes are about the same age as yours. This is my first year growing them, and they're in containers on my balcony. I have Sun Gold, Supersweet 100 and Sweet Gold. I think yours are bigger. Your smaller Sun Gold looks about the same as mine. Any sign of fruit? I have a bunch of green fruit on my Sun Gold, but they've been there for weeks without ripening.

    ReplyDelete